Just outside the Des Moines metro, this asphalt trail takes cyclists on a 20 mile ride through a wooded greenbelt corridor from Bondurant to Baxter.
- A wooden caboose from 1913 filled with artifacts from the community greets you at the trailhead in Baxter.
- The trail crosses the forested banks and bottomlands of the Skunk River, originally called Chichaqua by the Fox Indians.
- Riders cross stone bridges dating from 1885 built by Wisconsin, Iowa & Nebraska Railroad line.
- The trailside town of Valeria exists thanks to a romance between a farmer’s daughter (Edna Valeria) and a railroad engineer.
- Friday Night Bikes - This party ride takes place every Friday night through September. For details visit Bike Iowa.
- Biking Bondu - In it’s 7th year, this group ride is scheduled for June 21st to benefit the development of the Bondurant Regional Trailhead. The ride starts with a pancake breakfast at the Bondurant fire station. To register visit the group's Facebook page.