Running from Council Bluffs to the Missouri border this trail is an Iowa treasure.
- Iowa’s longest trail.
- Thousands of cyclists ride the trail with tacos on their mind.
- A member of Rails-To-Trails Conservancy’s Rail-Trail Hall of Fame.
- Over 70 bridges to cross.
- Beautiful views of the Loess Hills.
- Featured on the television show Iowa's Simple Pleasures.
- Six trailside communities to visit while on your ride.
- Every Thursday night cyclists ride from the trailhead in Council Bluffs to Mineola for the taco special at Tobey Jack’s.
- The WARTS (Wabash Annual Ride To Shenandoah) trail ride is scheduled for September 27th. Cyclists and their steeds are bussed to the trailhead in Council Bluffs from Shenandoah for this one day ride. Riders can stop at the trailside communities for food and drink on their way back to Shenandoah for festivities at Depot Deli.